Registering to Vote:
- If you don’t have an NC Driver’s License, print out a form or see us in person at one of the times listed below.
- On the form, fill in all sections headed in red. If this is your first time registering in NC, filling in one of the extra pieces of information in box 3 will make voting easier, as you will not need to show an ID. Living on UNC’s campus and don’t know your address? Find it out here!
- Mail in the form to your county’s Board of Election (check out what that address is here) or drop it off to us in person during the schedule below.
- Alternatively, NC currently offers one-stop early voting, meaning you can register and vote in one fell swoop. If you’re registering then, be sure to bring one of the accepted documents listed below. Check out early voting sites here!
- Accepted documents:
- North Carolina driver’s license.
- Other photo identification issued by a government agency. Any government-issued photo ID is acceptable, provided that the card includes the voter’s current name and address.
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document showing the voter’s name and address.
- A current college/university photo identification card paired with proof of campus habitation.
- Accepted documents:
When, where, and how to vote:
- You have quite a few options to vote! The best option, however, is to vote early and avoid any lines-just make sure you go to one of the sites in your county. Check out early voting sites here and the up-to-date schedule is listed in the first paragraph on this page. Check out NC State Board of Elections’ tips for early voters.
- Early voting schedule doesn’t work? There’s always Election Day! Look up your polling location (generally different than early voting sites) here, and make sure you’re registered ahead of time.
- Busy or away on Election Day and during early voting? Request an absentee (mail-in) ballot online here!
- When you get your ballot, fill it out as per the instructions listed. Make sure if voting by mail that you have a witness ready.
See us for voter registration!
- Check back later for our Fall schedule!